Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Water You Waiting For?

   It's mid August here in Oklahoma, usually the time when the pretty farm land and waving wheat transform into Satan's sauna.
   However, something beautiful and mysterious happened in central America this summer.
   The weather has been...nice.
   Blissful even.
   I think this summer may be a fluke, but when I walk outside at noon in arguably the hottest time of the year and feel a cool breeze race up to hug me as I walk to my car, I don't question, just accept.

   This summer I've enjoyed not just being in the water but on the water. Chances are there's probably some nearby, and all you have to do these days is google water near where I live...or maybe something a little more specific like your state's travel website.

   Even those of us here in the land locked states can pretend to be coasters by whipping out the kayak, canoe, or even stand up paddle board. 

   If I can brave SUP'ing on the raging river of rank that is the Potomac (at the beloved Jack's Boathouse...is that place still going strong??) you can enjoy your chosen water sport in whatever agua suits your style. 



Back when I was a young'n interning in D.C.



   Ah, I'm still basking in the glow of a sunset kayak ride around Summit Lake, courtesy of housesitting--but more recently, this week I spent my Tuesday night learning the art of patience.
   You may call it fishing.
   Oh, the perfectionist in me wants so badly to be so amazing at this sport of catch and release, but while I've mastered the cast I'm still waiting to be considered worthy of a bass bite.
   Look for an upcoming post on novice need-to-knows for fishing.





  Sometimes you need to spend some time and money out at your local state park...sometimes you just need a friend with a kayak.

   Don't forget to adventure today,

   -Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment